The Kingfisher Federation aims to provide a variation of high quality physical education, which appeals to and inspires all pupils to participate and achieve their greatest potential.
What is Sports Premium
Primary PE and Sport Premium is an initiative that aims to help increase and improve PE and sporting opportunities for children.
This funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, the Department for Health and Culture and the Department for Media and Sport. It has been allocated to primary school headteachers and is ring-fenced, meaning that it can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
How do we use the Sports Premium Funding
The PE and sport premium must be spent by schools on ‘making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport’ for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of
healthy, active lifestyles.
This means that the funding should be used to develop or add to the PE and sport activities that schools already offer and/or make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years. With this in mind, schools can choose how they use the funding.
For example, funding can be used to:
• hire qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers
• provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE
and sport more confidently and effectively
• introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take part
• support and involve the least active children by running or extending
school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
• run sport competitions
• increase pupils’ participation in the school games
• run sports activities in partnership with other schools
Please find below our Sports Premium Impact Statement: