It is our academy policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school. Children are expected to wear clean neat clothing selected from the list below. We think there are many advantages to having a school dress code and ask for your co-operation in this. Thankyou.
All clothing worn to school should be clearly marked with the child’s name to keep our lost property problem to a minimum. Children with long hair should arrange to have it tied back neatly for all lessons.
When the weather is hot children should bring a hat to school and wear it for outside activities and breaks. In cold weather all children need to bring a coat, scarf and gloves to wear in the playground.
Parents can purchase school logo’d items through:
Ditchingham School Clothing List:
- Light Blue shirt, blouse or polo shirt with long or short sleeves in a plain style
- Navy Blue V-neck jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt.
- Black or grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress. Please note, all uniform must be appropriate uniform style material and cut, not sportswear or fashion styles and be of appropriate length (this is a generic item and can be purchased from any supplier).
- In hot weather, pupils have the option to wear black or grey school shorts or a light blue gingham (checked) dress, shorts or uniform playsuit. Again, all uniform must be appropriate uniform style material and cut, not sportswear or fashion styles and be of appropriate length (this is a generic item and can be purchased from any supplier).
Socks & tights
- Grey or White socks
- Black or Grey tights (if tights are worn, socks should be brought to change into for outdoor P.E.)
- Black flat shoes, not boots, of a design suitable for school. Training shoes should not be worn except for games lessons.
Second hand uniform:
We often have stocks of pre-loved school uniform which can be collected without charge from the school office. Please sent the office a message and they will collate a bundle in your childs size.
For days when children have PE they can come into school wearing their PE kit.
They will need a pair of plain shorts, a plain T-shirt in their house colour (a school logoed t-shirt is available to order) and a pair of trainers. For colder days, they may wear plain black tracksuit/sports trousers and a top (their school jumper).
For outdoor games they will also need a change of socks and outdoor sports shoes, these should be kept in a named bag.
Pupils’ hair should be neat and tidy.
Extreme hairstyles and cuts are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, tramlines, stars, extreme patterns, ‘V’ styles, Mohican cuts, wrapped braids, or dyed, tipped or dipped hair.
Pupils with long hair should also tie it back for safety reasons.
The academy will expect reasonable steps to be taken to rectify hair that does not fit the policy. This may include shaving out patterns or returning hair to its original colour.
We encourage children to drink water regularly during the day, so we like them to bring a bottle of drinking water with them. There is good research to show that this helps children’s concentration and general well-being.
Jewellery, Make-up & Nail Varnish
In order to follow safety regulations, the only jewellery allowed is one pair of smooth, flat ear studs with no rear projection. Pupils may wear watches but the school accepts no responsibility for loss or damage and they should be clearly marked with the owner’s name. All jewellery and watches, including earrings must be removed for P.E. and swimming. Make-up, including nail varnish should not be worn.
N.B Children should not wear denim or corduroy to school.